HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT A DIRECTORY IN CPANEL
cPanel is a commercially available and popular Linux for managing all aspects of a web hosting account.
The resources on your cPanel, you can easily do this. Once you have password-protected a particular folder, the visitor will be required to provide the username and password you’ve set to view the files.
Here are the steps you need to follow
- Log in to your cPanel.
- In the Security section, click on the Password Protect Directories icon.
- Select the directory to start with.
- Click the Go button.
- Select the directory you want to password-protect by clicking its name.
- Check the Password Protect box.
- Give the directory you want to protect a new name.
- Click the Save button.
You’ve successfully password-protected your selected directory. It’s highly recommended to assign the directory you want to protect a new name (and the not use the one and the same name).