HOW TO SET UP A SUBDOMAIN IN CPANEL
cPanel is a commercially available and popular Linux for managing all aspects of a web hosting account.
Via your cPanel control panel you can set up multiple subdomains.
A subdomain has the following URL format – http://subdomain.domain.com/. You may need subdomains to create mobile versions of your website, blogs, forums etc.
Follow the steps given below to set up one or more subdomains from within the cPanel
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- In the Domains section, click on the Subdomains icon.
- Enter the prefix of your subdomain.
- Select the domain where you want to set up the subdomain, if you manage multiple domains.
- A directory name (which is the same as your subdomain name) will appear. You may change it if you want.
- Click the Create button.
You’ve successfully created a new subdomain. However, remember that your new subdomain name may take up to 24 hours to propagate.