What Is CPanel?
cPanel is a commercially available and popular Linux for managing all aspects of a web hosting account.
cPanel can be licensed for both Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers and will run on CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, CloudLinux and FreeBSD.CPanel supports Apache, MySQL and PHP as well as popular email protocols including POP3, IMAP and SMTP. cPanel is accessed via port 2083.
What Are The Main Features Of CPanel?
cPanel has a comprehensive set of features detailed below by category for ease of use:
CPanel File Management
- File Manager – Quickly access and manage files (create, edit, remove) without FTP
- FTP Connections – Gives overview of FTP sessions
- FTP Accounts – Manage FTP accounts easily
CPanel Database Management
- PHPMyAdmin – Third Party GUI Tool for database administration. Ideal for use with MySQL
- MySQL – Powerful Database to run your web based applications
CPanel Domain Management
- Addon Domains – Reduce costs by adding domains and creating new websites and email addresses for each without the need to purchase new hosting for each domain
- Redirects – Setup redirects from a specific page to another one
- Subdomains – Used to create subsections of a website for a specific purpose such as a company blog or knowledge base
CPanel Email Features
- Email Accounts – Setup and manage all aspects of email accounts quickly and easily